Monday, October 15, 2012

Betting The NFL: Underdogs ruled on Sunday

On Sunday I wrote about underdogs dominating the NFL 2012 season in my weekly Betting the NFL column. On the plus side two of the three underdog plays I highlighted and urged readers to play, Dallas and Green Bay, covered against the spread. Indianapolis did not show up at the Jets.
Underdog Dallas had 3.5 points at Baltimore and the Cowboys covered (Ravens won 31-29). Green Bay was an underdog and had 3.5 points at Houston. The Packers buried the Texans 42-24.
The one underdog play I highlighted that inexplicably did not hit was Indianapolis, getting 3.5 points at the Jets. The struggling Jets woke up, held rookie quarterback Andrew Luck in check, and went on to beat the Colts in a 35-9 rout. Go figure.
On the down side, I did not follow what I wrote and failed to focus on underdogs with my other picks.
What ultimately happened is an underdog rout ATS. You can see how I fared overall on Sunday by checking out my column at this link - http://bit.ly/RZZSNe . It has certainly been a challenge handicapping the NFL this season.
Underdogs were 9-3 ATS on Sunday. Six underdogs actually won on the field (Seattle, Detroit, Cleveland, Buffalo, Giants, Green Bay). Home underdogs went 2-0 both ATS and straight up.
Overall for the season underdogs are 54-33 ATS and home underdogs are 20-11 ATS.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home